Community-supported agriculture (CSA) is a food production and distribution system that directly connects farmers and consumers. In short: people buy “shares” of a farm’s harvest in advance and then receive a portion of the crops as they’re harvested.
The term “CSA” is also used to refer to an individual farm’s CSA program.
Farmers earn important early-season capital and have a guaranteed market for their produce. Barring a disastrous harvest, consumers enjoy overall lower food costs, field-fresh produce, and greater access to high-demand vegetables and are first in line for early/ late produce.
Riel Acres farm CSA program 2023
- We are offering a full season summer CSA share. Starting May 20th and running until October 7th(21 weeks). There is 2 size options. Receive $30 a week worth of produce for $630 or receive $45 a week worth of produce for $945.
- 2023 we are starting a fall/ winter CSA share from October 14th- Dec 23th. Receive $30 worth of produce weekly for $330
- We are offering the option to prepay in $50 increments for pickup at the farm store or at the farmers market either on Wednesday or Saturday.
There is 2 convenient pickup locations to choose from.
1. Pickup at the farm store (2574 12th line, Lakefield) saturdays between 9-1
2. Pickup at the food shop (374 water st) in peterborough Fridays between 3-6
We offer flexible payment arrangements where necessary. Just ask.